Millcreek of Magee, a behavioral disorders treatment facility with numerous programs, is proud of our standing as a premier provider of Home and Community Based Waiver Services (HCBS) in the state of Mississippi. Currently serving over 500 members of the Mississippi community, our treatment facility is dedicated to providing superior services to adolescents and children who have developmental and intellectual disabilities. At our facility, we firmly believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for choice, dignity, community participation, and community inclusion, which is why we are proud to support individuals as they explore the vast world of treatment programs that are available to them. By providing supports and programs based on each individual’s needs, abilities, strengths, and skills set, our treatment facility in Mississippi is changing the lives of individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Under the Home and Community Based Services Waiver, the Mississippi Department of Mental Health (DMH) administers services and treatment programs that are funded by Medicaid and are provided to eligible individuals and their families in order to enable those with intellectual and developmental disabilities to remain with their families and in their community, or to return to their community from a congregate treatment setting.
The services and supports that are included through this program include the following:
- Attendant care
- Respite care
- Day habilitation
- Supported employment
- Behavior support / intervention
- Therapy services
At Millcreek of Magee, a mental health treatment facility, our vision is to support children and adolescents who have intellectual or developmental disabilities so that they are provided every opportunity possible to lead a happy, meaningful life. Our treatment facility wants to help these individuals lead lives that are characterized by safety and happiness, by family and friendship, by employment and possessions, by skills and competence, by health and nutrition, by choices and self-direction, by status and roles, by privacy and dignity, and by access to opportunities in the general community.
Our treatment center at Millcreek in Mississippi also remains steadfast in living up to the values that we hold true for those we work with. Our values at our treatment facility are:
- Community presence: We believe that each person should be given the opportunity to participate in activities in their natural contexts, such as in restaurants, shopping malls, the YMCA, community employment, and in their own homes.
- Community participation: Each person, regardless of whether or not developmental or intellectual disabilities are present, should be involved in the same types of activities as their peers.
- Dignity: Each person should be given support in mobility and movement to allow them to be recognized as striving and productive members of society. Each person’s eating, dressing, and hygiene needs should be addressed in the most respectful manner.
- Choice: Each person, regardless of the severity of limitations that result from intellectual or developmental disabilities, should have as much control over their own environment as possible.
- Contribution: People with intellectual and developmental disabilities are fully capable of, and do, make contributions to all areas of our society and should be fully recognized for those contributions.